My 'kampung' home, Bunga bondar

okay, enough writing,.. now some image. (i've made some cool drawing? eh?)

rumah_bbs

This is my 'kampung' home, 'kampung' means hometown or village, yes.. this is so far away from Jakarta. It's in bunga bondar. My great grandfather is born in that village. It's in Sumatra Island. Please check the google map if you don't know where it is. =)

In Indonesian or mandailing language, Bunga means flower, Bondar means sewer (artificial conduit for carrying off waste water, but it's not underground). So Bunga bondar means 'the village where the flower grow even in the sewer' .. cool.

My home is small, as you can see in the picture, the house is a little bit elevated. Back then, they use this space for animal cages or rice storage. We already renovated the house so the gap is little lower, and nothing there. We still use wood for the primary structure and wall. The weather is very great. It's not hot at afternoon, and a little bit cold at night.

In general, habitants over there still cultivate rice, but now, they planted coffee too.. did you hear sumatra coffee in Starbucks?  yes.. it's from my country. You may be pay 5 bucks for one cup, but 5 bucks there you can get one bag of plastics of pure coffee for maybe 100 cups.

My family planned to go there on may 2008, we already reserved the plane to 'Padang' and then we travel by car to my village. It's a long trip by car, maybe it's 10 hours by car to get there. The plane is one hour from my home (Jakarta). So now i can't wait to go. Here some map to check out. There's my home and my destination.

We can also fly to medan and go down to my village, but the road is very bad at 'aek latong'. Sometimes they closed the road when it's raining.


View Larger Map

4 komentar:

Anonymous said...

bravo,, country road take me home to the place where i belong,, hehhehe, my wife great grand pa is from here too.. good luck for the trip

Irza Pulungan said...

Hi anonymous, who are you?

Robby Siregar said...

Dari Bunga Bondar juga toh...? Salam kenal ya... Saya bukan kelahiran sana, tapi ompung yang kelahiran sono, namanya Johan Uluan Siregar... Saya cuma sekali diajak pulang kampung ke sana, tengan 80-an, setelah itu gak pernah lagi karena keluarga besar juga bisa dibilang gak ada lagi di situ, sudah menyebar di Kotanopan, Panyabungan dan Sidempuan...

Anonymous said...

my grandfather village too.....
u may see this:
http://anakpapanuli.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Mohon masukan anda.